Sorry I’ve not been around to update the blog. Life just has eaten me alive, and it’s been easier to keep the twitter feed up to date. At some point, I’ll sit down and try to catch y’all up, but this post is because Baycon is next weekend, so I went and picked up my ribbon order today.
This is the collection of this year’s ribbons:
- Yes, that’s my feet.
- A couple of these are special: the green one is for gophers, the one that reads “Ascended Master” is for those who catch me in the right place.
- The Gopher Local #42 is a joke from last year’s hoax newsletter about the gophers (convention volunteers) going on strike. So I figured, the gophers need a union. And of course, it’s science fiction, so the Local # had to be 42.
- My streak of bad Baycon/bacon puns continues.
- I can’t *wait* to see the reactions to “this ribbon intentionally left blank”
- White and silver are hard to tell apart. (For the record, Gopher and winning move are printed with white, left blank in silver
- Is it Baycon yet?
As I said, if you’re at Baycon and you want one of these ribbons, just hunt me down and I’ll give it to you. In fact, just like last year, I’ll be indiscrimately handing out the katster ones.