Current ribbon count: 31, plus gopher ribbon, plus three I haven’t attached to the badge yet, for a total of 35.
Current fun being had: Loads.
Permission for live broadcasting from the Fanzine Lounge: Authorized.
Picture taken of me: Possibly for the newsletter, need to get somebody to snap me with my own camera, probably in my natural habitat (in front of a door).
Things that are crucial: Make up signs for the unofficial Sactown BOF in the consuite tomorrow.
Things that have made me feel really awesome: Getting a nice note from the lady who cleaned our room since we left her a tip. Getting mentioned at ribbon panel as having one of the possibly hot ribbons of the con.
And that’s about it.
More later, or you can always check my twitter feed as I can get to that on my phone and may be inclined to update it more frequently. Or not. I mean, as it is, I’ve made more posts this week than I have in weeks…
Made the hotel last night, got a decent amount of sleep — although stupid me forgot to close the windowshades, which made my roommate get less sleep than anticipated.
I’m about to go downstairs and wander through convention space, although the convention hasn’t technically started yet. My plans for the day involve going to find Chris Garcia, attending a panel, and maybe a couple other things. No plans for broadcasting today, but that might change. Watch Tuckerverse for details and sudden updates.
Also, if you’re at Baycon, and want ribbons, come find me and ask nicely.
(Also, rumor has it that I might have installed Skype, and might even be listed under the username ‘retstak’, but you know you shouldn’t count on unsubstantiated rumors.)
Sorry I’ve not been around to update the blog. Life just has eaten me alive, and it’s been easier to keep the twitter feed up to date. At some point, I’ll sit down and try to catch y’all up, but this post is because Baycon is next weekend, so I went and picked up my ribbon order today.
This is the collection of this year’s ribbons:
- Yes, that’s my feet.
- A couple of these are special: the green one is for gophers, the one that reads “Ascended Master” is for those who catch me in the right place.
- The Gopher Local #42 is a joke from last year’s hoax newsletter about the gophers (convention volunteers) going on strike. So I figured, the gophers need a union. And of course, it’s science fiction, so the Local # had to be 42.
- My streak of bad Baycon/bacon puns continues.
- I can’t *wait* to see the reactions to “this ribbon intentionally left blank”
- White and silver are hard to tell apart. (For the record, Gopher and winning move are printed with white, left blank in silver
- Is it Baycon yet?
As I said, if you’re at Baycon and you want one of these ribbons, just hunt me down and I’ll give it to you. In fact, just like last year, I’ll be indiscrimately handing out the katster ones.